| The Many Advantages Of Mobile Classrooms|
|There have been many reports and studies conducted on the feasibility as well as need of mobile classrooms and all of them invariably highlight the fact that such facilities are very necessary for the following reasons:|
a) A huge increase in the number of school enrollments and that is a very positive development.
b) Continued high rate of enrollments expected in the coming years.
c) Difficulty of predicting movements of families between counties.
d) Difficulty in getting funds for erecting solid structures.
e) Reduced revenue streams to the government leading to a cash crunch
f) Very infrequent new educational institute fund raising issues in the market
g) Absence of any alternate accommodation structures to cater to students who want to attend classes the whole year or attend double sessions
The above reasons make for a compelling argument to advocate setting up of mobile classrooms.
There are other advantages that are very obvious with such structures and they are mentioned as under:
1)They can be easily moved and therefore offer a great deal of flexibility to respective school administrations to conduct their activities without having to bother much about the main factor that is space.
2) It is also far easier to allocate resources for the setting up of these structures since the capital outlay is not much. There is no need to touch the capital budget and the necessary funds can be taken from the operating budget.
3) They are prefabricated and hence are delivered quickly to the place where they are required.
4) Such classrooms promote a greater sense of group unity and identity.
5) Since these classrooms are normally away from a core school area, there is better opportunity for students to enjoy outdoor activities and learn from programs that can be specifically developed to take advantage of this facility.
6) Finally, the cost effectiveness of such structures and the manner in which space can either be created or reduced is a major factor that is leading to many institutions willing to look at this option favourably.
There are some disadvantages too that have been highlighted. However, they are not of a serious nature and are related to the aesthetics of the classrooms, the fact that the materials used for building them may be of an inferior quality and the possibility that over a period of time, these temporary structures may become permanent and at that time, the structure itself may not last or have the capacity to remain durable.
While these are concerns that cannot be ignored, the fact is that compared to the many benefits they provide, the negative factors or disadvantages can be addressed through better specifications and mandate to the fabricators about the sturdiness and aesthetic look such structures must have. The insistence on better quality material to be used for building these structures can also go a long way in mitigating the concerns raised.
It is therefore clear from the above that mobile classrooms is the way to go to address the needs of the many students seeking education.